Friday, August 10, 2007

This is Why You Not

It seems that I will not be able to attend the WSVG Toronto event as I won't have a team to field ready in time. Certainly, I'm to blame to a large extent for our inability to go as I wouldn't be able to arrive until 6-7PM Friday necessitating bringing at least 4 players when 3 weren't even readily available. We do plan on making the LA event and I'll be there no matter what, I promise. ^^ Best of luck to those who do attend, particularly those people I know. =p Best of luck to Farel, Jag, and SpikeX; I know you don't have much <3>
  1. Get good at 3s. I really didn't play with our 3s team enough last season; I played about 30% of the games and although we were usually top 5 in the battlegroup, 3s were not a competitive bracket like they are today. This season I've never really been able to play much and my level of play in 3s is really pretty low. We ran Yecal, Deztruckt and I as 3 DPS (rogue/spriest/mage) and found success until we hit a warlock/pally/spriest that took 200 rating and then a bugged out 220 rating single game loss. I'm still only mildly confident in 3s and perhaps mildly misgeared (9khp and 1k damage doesn't really cut it against teams who focus me), and hopefully the next few weeks with more available time to 3s will be an enabler to play the most "fun" arena bracket. (I do love 5s, but I play 4DPS, what 4DPS team doesn't love 5s?)
  2. Time for a gnome? While I will miss my sexy, sexy human mage, can I really go another Xpac with the worst PvP racials? It's a bit inexcusable. ^^ With probably 3 months left in season 3 and a few good AV weekends before the "AFK fix", perhaps now is a good time. I will certainly continue to play mage in WLK from what I've seen so far; I still prefer the class gameplay to other choices. (BLINK!) I was holding out to see if Necros or Spellbreakers would be available, but the DK isn't particularly irresistible to me from how I imagine the class playing. (I could be WAY off of course) There's also the fact that I'm betting even if DKs are incredible sweet in arena, I imagine there will be lots of people I know who would love to play one over their current class. (hello rogues, pallies and wars)
  3. SC it up. ^^ WTB Korean hand transplant. You'd think that years of playing piano as a kid have to count for something, but even watching Aesthyr play who is really just a casual, makes me sad, forget Savior or Moon. It's okay; I can wave dash and ws cancel WAY better than him. I also have to scrounge up some more Blizzcon beta keys.
  4. Writes lots of boring articles like this one to kill the time and bore people to death zzzzzzzzzz
I've had a few people ask me about my guild over the past weeks and it really is a topic I never discuss. I think that I can briefly sum up Forgotten Heroes as:

A top end PvP and PvE guild that simultaneously acts as a progression "machine" and a playground for PvPers of varying hardcore-ness. I've been with the guild for 3 years now -- I've seen 1% wipes, world firsts, ninja looting, sarcasm, silliness, greed, selflessness, rivalries and real dedication. I was shocked to realize that only 5 (yes 5!) of the current raiding guild plays the characters they played in AQ (or were in the guild for Twin Emps) ; it isn't a place where the old guard "controls" things particularly. The guild has probably an equal number of players who exclusively PvP as players who raid and the guild for many of these players is perhaps little more than a vague community within which their arena team cliques operate. So, I can't really answer "what kind of guild is FH?" because it is different things to different people. ^^

16 comments:

eKS said...

fIRST!

Is Jag a warlock?

Anonymous said...

<3 Raddy

Goretongue said...

"This is why you not?"

Perhaps I spent too long as an English major in college, because this made absolutely no sense to me.

Anonymous said...

song reference i think...Mims

Anonymous said...

horrible song rad LOL

Oppo said...

Gnome is god.

Warlocks are god.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist, raddy.

My altlock is 45 already.
Name's "Nerfear".

The best part is, every class I roll gets the nerfbat hard.

If they buff warlocks, I, on my lock, win.

If they nerf locks, I cry for joy, go back to my mage, and win.

It's the best of both worlds.
RAWRDEATHCOIL IM SO SKILLED.

zyz said...

raddy i'll see you at wsvg next season!

T said...

Escape artist! ESCAPE ARTIST RADDY! You know you want IT!!

Illexiyel said...

Roll UD yo, Panda style

Raddy said...

BUT ALL MY FRIENDS ARE ALLIANCE DYSLEXIAL

Kiriakis said...

Make a gnome raddy i promise you won't regret it ;)

Oh and btw your articles are NOT boring :)

Anonymous said...

"palpable?" I do not think it means what you think it means. Try "culpable."

handsome said...

Good read

Anonymous said...

"it isn't a place where the old guard "controls" things particularly.'

LOL

Himiko said...

Raddy, I was considering this too but I hate leveling so much, I can barely stand grinding out another 10 levels on my mage, let alone 80.

Raddy said...

CULPABLE NOT PALPABLE I TYPE LIKE IM RETARDED SUE ME

@Zyz: I miss you =(

And about the "old guard" controlling things: THOSE WHO OPPOSE THE INNER CIRCLE OR CONFRONT THE WHITE QUEEN SHALL PERISH