Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Getting Ripped as 2345

GameOver began its Monday night games with 8 consecutive losses (1 being a DC) against two of the FH (sorta) teams, Pewp Machine and Armchair Athletes. Both teams run classic + FG lock, but they were winning against us in very different ways.

Armchair likes to put Azael's FG and Dahis (warrior, omg duh) on me the whole game; between Skillherald and the FG I end up taking a lot of damage and doing very little. I basically end up kiting out of LoS of the mage so I don't eat the shatter burst (between Intercept, Skillherald, FG intercept and novas, it's pretty annoying to not be a gnome) and poking out to decurse teammates and drop a poly or two. By taking me out of the fight, the game becomes a longer game and while our priest is more free to burn and harass, they have the mana efficiency advantage with a FG lock spamming mana drain the majority of the game. If I start to get more aggressive, they look to burst me down with a MD on Ice Block.

Pewp Machine plays against us very differently; they are much more damage oriented and really go for the early kill on our priest. Doing this also ensures that despite the lack of heroism, their priest can win the mana burn war as ours is unable to cast. Unlike Azael's constant fear and tongues spam, you see a lot more of PM's lock, Streygo, shadowbolting faces off. I seem to fall for the same, FG intercept->poly->psychic scream combo EVERY game.

It's a little weird to basically start a new team at ~2400 rating that plays completely differently than your old lineup. Stormstrike is also not a battlegroup with any top 2345 teams so there's not a whole lot of "how does X beat this setup" -- on the other hand, we played as our opposing matrices all season last season so we do remember what we used to do against 2345 teams and what was and wasn't effective. There were a few teams that began as 2345 at the beginning of the season, but these teams have since all abandoned the lineup in favor of 2xWar, classic+lock, or 4DPS. Not since NiP's strange 2345 with Mako as AP/Fire has 2345 dominated the battlegroup. (NiP did truly dominate)

As I've said before, I don't think we really play 2345 with enough of the "2345"-ness. We play to outlast every team; we kill pets, we kite and CC and shock. We have been doing this against Fireman's hunter+classic who punish us severely every time we play so passively.

We ended up splitting the remainder of our games for the rest of the night after the night's early losses. I basically started playing way more defensively and either we were able to punish overextension or we created an opening to get out some burst. I tried to fraps a few of the games, but once again FPS drops from like 70->30 and gets really choppy which makes playing too difficult.

GameOver doesn't play again till Thursday so I'll probably use the time to level my gnome and catch up on blogging. ^^ I don't really have a 2s/3s team right now though it would be nice to have an excuse to respec to 0/6/55 or some variant considering how much I'm focused in 5s.

** UPDATE ** YOU MUST WATCH NEILYO6 -- IT IS AMAZING ^^

26 comments:

Yaho said...

bummer, we couldn't even get the people on to play 5's, our 3's is just for giggles, and i lost my partner on 2's at least you got to play :oP

Oppo said...

NEILYO6 link, raddy.

Anonymous said...

That's the best rogue vid I've seen in a long time.

Zarthustra said...

Be sure you use a second hard drive and at least a couple gigs of ram, the hard drive throttling is a huge bane for Fraps.

Raddy said...

zarth! what happened to you =p

I do use a second HD, maybe I should invest in more ram though.

zarthustra said...

I play a mage still, but my original account was banned. :(

Tweedledum said...

Argh, I'm such a nooblet. Can you explain exactly what a '2345' mage is? I'm rather confused right now hehe.

nano said...

yea, ive always wondered why the composition is called '2345'...why is it called '2345'?

Anonymous said...

he raddy quick question ... What phone are updating your blog with? I sell phones for ATT and have always been curious.posting this from my iphone

Anonymous said...

2345 = ap/pom/frostbolt/fireblast
2345 = overload/ns/cl/es

pewpew?

Oppo said...

K it was impressive.

But I was floored by that warrior.

WTB tanks that know what they are doing.


That NElf tank in the second-to-last vid 2v2 was pretty good, too.

Zyz said...

finally, a rogue movie without shitty battlegrounds

Anonymous said...

Loved your old videos zarthustra!

Goretongue said...

You weren't lying -- this video is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

RADDY WE WILL PLAY I PROMISE

LOVE,
LACEY

Anonymous said...

Raddy, I feel where you're at. The beauty of 2345 setup (I dunno why its called this, but I always thought its holy priest/pala/warr/ele sham/mage)) , is that you have a wide variety of options. Outlasting, turtle defensive style, or coordinated nuke when someone gets to 60%.

m00

Kzn said...

amusing that you started playing 2345 on the same day we did. We went 8-8, and would have gone more like 12-4 if our shaman had more than 150 resilience, 8k hp, and 6k mana.

But jesus christ it is a totally overpowered setup compared to hunter classic.

Tea said...

Neilyo 6 is indeed amazing and fun to watch

Lulzywulzy said...

Very offtopic sorry but does anyone know what's happened to Pigvomit (now Hoove)? He left a number 1 5v5 team on daggerspine and isn't in any top teams at the moment. Is he still playing seriously? Anyone know what he's up to?

Tea said...

Hmmm unless Pigvomit(Hoove) Xferred... He's on Blackrock

Treisk said...

For taking footage, Rad, I would strongly suggest getting over 2GB of RAM (I run 2.5GB), a second HD (as someone else mentioned and you already have), and a 256MB+ GFX card that performs equal or better than an ATI Radeon 9800PRO GFX card (http://freestone-group.com/video-card-stability-test/benchmark-results-v1001.html). On that page, find a GFX card with a benchmark of 2500+ and you should be fine to record at 1024x+ (full screen on fraps for most people) and maintain 29.9 FPS. Also, if your processor is slower than 2.2GHz, use Half Screen instead of Full Screen. That's just my $0.02 from my experience. If you need any help configuring Vegas or Fraps, hit me up on AIM @ xTreisk

Wreck said...

Quick explanation of the "2345"...

2.5 Healer Teams: This team is built around pally/warrior/priest/shaman, with the 5th being either mage (the notorious "2345") or warlock. This team just goes on targets and kills them. No really, they have everything. Good cc, bloodlusted priest manaburns, good burst dps. They can focus a target from the beginning, or they can pull fast burst target switches. There's really no good way to tell. They have a lot of dispel, so you're buffless and can't rely on bop. If you are really serious about arena, you should probably run this composition - for now anyways.

Care of...

http://www.gameriot.com/blogs/Breaking-the-Curve

Raddy said...

Its weird as I've said before, I run an 8800gtx,dualcore2.4,2gigsram, separate hard drive and used to fraps 100 fps no problem, but ever since 2.1, I can't fraps better than 40 fps. I run 1024x768 with almost every graphics setting on min.

Been through the whole reformatting computer, reinstall wow, drama too. zzz. I've heard of others with the same problem and I always though it was just a WoW problem.

Anonymous said...

raddy, soon we can see you in role of gnome???? u will be leveling gnome, or not???

moncler Boutique said...

moncler sandals may not be as famous as moncler Boutique but it is really so comfortable that I can not help recommending it. Since I saw <a

Anonymous said...

Couldnt agree more with that, very attractive article