Friday, July 16, 2010

Curtain of Dicks

Updated with wegame better quality

I'll be brief because I need to shower people with attention tonight instead of level my video game wizard, well I'm done leveling for now, so make that -- instead of PLAYING with my video game wizard, not my real video game wizard mind you, as it's beta, my practice wizard, yes, um, I've derailed, anyways, here's a short clip of messing around with curtain.



Learn more at the WoW Wiki

It does terribad damage and is a bit clunky and looks stupid. But you know what? I kinda like it. It's kind of like this:



I'm not really sure in what manner they're similar except that they are and if you don't understand I hate you and you're stupid.

What I do like is that it doesn't just drop at your feet and there's no targeting indication. (NOSCOPELOL)

The resnaring mechanic is a bit clunky as it seems the target has to leave the area and come back to be re-afflicted. There's a lot of stuff I want to test still:

  • Interactions with stealth/invisibility
  • Interaction with latency mechanics (Grenade-like or fear-like?)
  • How do you get more ticks?!
  • Is there any interaction with Frost mechanics? (Cold snap? Permafrost? I assume...yes?)
  • Z-axis?
It's hard to comment on this recent beta build with respect to the mage class because so much feels broken. Damage feels quite low, particularly AoE abilities -- I feel like the damage should be tripled on many of them. The elephant in the room still is the lack of critical strike damage bonus talents, are we going forward with 1.5x crits? Lack of pushback protection aside from Burning Soul and lack of range talents also are quite irritating. I'm not sure there's a point in dueling/PvPing until we get another build. 


24 comments:

shift said...

Looks like a blue turd

Anonymous said...

It looks extremely mediocre from the clip you've posted. Do mages really need a low damage hard-to-aim snare when they already have Cone of Cold?

It's nice to see you playing mage again. You still can't stop jumping, can you?

Raddy said...

get on right now shou gogogo

Raddy said...

wtf is your name on axon anyways nerd

michael said...

dab//leveling my mage just to get that. . .

Ryan said...

your hulu vid doesnt work...

also its quite obvious this is just a placeholder and the real curtain hasn't been designed yet?

Roxton said...

To be honest I'd be amazed if the current Curtain wasn't just a placeholder. It seems so completely unlike the version Bliz described that the only real conclusion is that it's still deep in development.

The abilities you get when you hit 10 are great, but that doesn't affect us big wizards. Arcane looks very unfinished, so I wouldn't worry about that yet.

Anonymous said...

How did you like Pitchfork?

shift said...

Weren't you going to mention something about gcd hacking?

Raddy said...

@shift - I'm just going to hope blizz bans everyone with mpqs that don't match on the next warden update

@anon - pitchfork was as usual pretty meh.

Anonymous said...

You test the DR on Improved Poly yet?

Raddy said...

It didn't seem to be DR with impact but I lost interest and gave up testing for now. I'm not a huge fan of the current Imp Poly even if it were on it's own DR, it just feels kinda clunky/weird.

Raddy said...

On that same note, if the goal is to have a Cheap Shot opener style mechanic for arcane, I think it would be cooler to have it tied to invis.

The current implementation of invis is a little clunky as well. (Allowing you to finish the cast but having to retarget)

Anonymous said...

put up a video of your trash duels please? dnt cr if they rnt tht grt

Raddy said...

I think shift frapsed a few. He's the only person I've dueled on beta as nobody is ever onnnnnn.

Raddy said...

shift get on and duel me late 2nite when servers are upp, kk?

^oo^ said...

what's this imp poly?

nf^hops said...

Are you really going to play mage instead of rogue? WTF bro

Anonymous said...

ret gets interupts finally, ur thoughts on all melee classess should have interupts except hunters who are fkin gay?

Anonymous said...

YO RADDY JUST ON LIVE CAN A HUMAN FMAGE WITH FULL BEST IN SLOT PVE GEAR (4/5 sanct heroic etc) BEAT A HEALER IN A DUEL!?

Raddy said...

You should be able to beat ANYTHING in a duel duh

Hiyather said...

RADDY PLEASE CONVINCE LITER TO MAKE HIS VIDEO ALMOST ONLY DUELS BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE VERY AWESOME, AS HE SEEMS ALMOST AS GOOD AS ME AT DUELING

Raddy said...

Are you on beta hiyather? If so be my dueling friend.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?