Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Beta Patch

WTF THESE TALENT TREES ARE BAD

It's pretty obvious that something needs to be done about Imp CS -- either move it down to T1 or T2, which would make subtreeing into Arcane necessary for every PvP spec, or make it baseline. Regardless of that, Arcane dominates the other trees currently across all aspects of the game.

I haven't yet tested if Imp Poly shares DR with other stuns -- I'm betting yes, but I'll confirm once I can get back on Beta, which might be a while since I'm unable to log in. COOL BRO.

Fortunately, there are less talents, and thus it's easier to rant about what's wrong with all of them.

Fire:

  • Imp Fire Blast is still mediocre because Fireblast DPS is awful. Incineration is boring.
  • Burning Soul should be killed as should pushback in general. Impact needs to be scrapped probably as well. DR issues and RNG issues.
  • Blazing Speed should be activated or tied to Blastwave. Fire Power -- I don't know about mage nerd DoT nonsense but whatever it's fire nobody is going to play this dumb tree anyways.
  • Combustion is finally decent. Hot Streak has potential. 
  • Imp Flamestrike LOL KY. BW/DB would still work better if they worked like those nerd meteors from AQ20 and they did correspondingly more damage against fewer targets.
  • PM/CM -- WHO CARES ITS THE FIRE TREE
Frost:
  • Frostbite is lame. Imp CoC >>> Frostbite. (But separate DR from FN or don't bother)
  • Shatter Tier 1 sup but 1.5x crits oh damn.
  • IV Tier 3 = only frosties which would be alright except this tree is terrible
  • FFB Orb - HAHAHA
Arcane:
  • TTW - STOP WITH THIS PLEASE JUST STOP
  • NP - I don't know why nerds love this, it's boring 3% haste axe-ity axe axe
  • Potency/Clearcasting synergy I kinda like nohomo
  • Arcane Repulsion doesn't seem effective due to -- multiple melee, stupid pets, and long CD + it's hard to justify 3 points here for a mediocre anti melee CD when Frost Armor is nearly as good, and better if Frostbite stays
  • IAM/MB - These combine to make AM useless without the talents which is okay since AM was pretty much always useless without OP talents
  • Imp Blink - YAY THIS RULES I LOVE WHATEVER GENIUS SUGGESTED IT I HEARD HES REALLY CUTE TOO
  • Imp CS needs to be base or move up didn't I say that already I think I did but in case I didn't it should be baseline or at least be baseline maybe if it was baseline or baseline instead of talented like if it was baseline or something baseline it would be baseline
  • Imp Poly has a sweet animation PEWPEW. Realistically it's just one extra cast on sheeps so depending on DR this might be awful.
I have no idea if a lot of mechanics are currently working in the Beta. Does Mastery work? Did some of the old talents become baseline? (Like Magic Absorb or SoTM?) 

Ice Lance damage was nerfed a bit so mindless spam isn't quite what it used to be. 

9 comments:

liter said...

idk assassination is pretty sick. combat is alright but sub is shiiiit

Sancus said...

rly bad

Ryan said...

I like the idea.

But I have to say frost mages are dead in cataclysm.

Law said...

Frost Mages dead? Even with the game-breaking auto-hit chance reducer, no CD nova and CoC, 6 yard knockback and slow, bloodlust/sprint, column of Frost (14k base dmg?), etc?

Considering BGs are the focus, and we don't know bow they'll turn out - I think your conclusion might be a little premature. Lol.

Ryan said...

"no CD nova and CoC"
"game-breaking auto-hit chance reducer"
"6 yard knockback"

Look at the new talent trees.

venruki said...

I was pretty excited when I found out about 31 point talents... but these are shit(I've only looked at mages).

Raddy said...

Actually combat does look kinda cool but I don't know about SS

hiyather said...

pretty sure you only want to get 1/2 imp blink atm though

Raddy said...

Imp Blink doesn't work on beta currently, it's just the old version