Thursday, June 21, 2007

Season 2 Beginning

I'll do a real quick recap.

We run a 4DPS caster matrix called GameOver (same name as last season) this season. We have a warlock, Azael, an Elemental Shaman, Coercive, a Shadow Priest, Deztruckt, a pally, Odd, and myself. We run this team partially because we wanted to try it out and partially because our old teammates moved on to other things. We're not exactly new to playing with each other, it's been 2 years+ for some of us.

I think we're still too green with this matrix to understand fully its weaknesses and strengths. I think tri-healer teams are very hard for us, as are 4DPS teams who use a rogue to counter our warlock.

We've had a solid start to the season, 22-0 with 1766 rating as I write this, and I'm sure that we'll find a way to make this team work to be a top contender on Stormstrike. I plan on doing the smaller matrices, but thus far have only played a few 2s games with the priest on GameOver, Deztruckt. Our team is Slytherins.

Enough recap!

We've seen the 4DPS trend hardcore so far this season; we played 2 "classic" matrix teams in 22 games. We even ran into some 5DPS teams. (THE NEW 4 DPS LOL)

Saw a terrifying triple elemental shammy team who really really scare me in what they can do.

As for gear, you can always check my armory for updates, but my general plan is to upgrade my damage before upgrading my survivability. So if you see me picking up pieces with higher emphasis on damage over resil/stam pieces, it's because relative to my teammates, I'm a horrible focus fire target and can really afford to pick up more damage.

I think mages who run on teams like this will be initially surprised at how much damage we can do. I still haven't gotten used to going from primary CC to primary DPS, and I think it'll take more than a few dozen games to get a better feel for how to play this style effectively.

I don't really have any other news than that; I'm going to be working on getting honor for the PvP gear in coming weeks, and as soon as arena stabilizes a bit so we are playing reasonably solid teams, I'll look for an opportunity to start frapsing. ^^

I'll try to keep it speedy with updates especially as things getting settled down. Besides, you should all be playing and not reading shitty blogs right now. GO!

4 comments:

Zillan said...

Yarr, a new video from Radikal =D.

Anonymous said...

I love you rad

Anonymous said...

geez cut the crap and start frapsing i needa see some mage action in 4dps team

Raddy said...

I was trying to fraps earlier today and was getting like 20fps. Gotta fix this shit. >.<