Thursday, June 21, 2007

Quick Season 2 Update

About to hop in AB to get a bit of honor to put me over what I need for next piece, but tonight we saw some new teams and had our first losses of the season. I don't really think I played too well tonight. ^^ We're at 1837 at this point, still on pace to make our goal of 2k for the first week.

What's interesting is all the new matrices. I'm used to seeing the exact same compositions over and over; it's fun to go into games without running a preset strategy you've executed a hundred times. Four DPS teams are still far and away in the lead, but 2.5 healer to full tri healer is also VERY popular. Saw a filthy filthy 3.5 healer team which is definitely going to be a trouble matrix for us.

The other FH teams haven't really been too active with the exception of Dahis' and our teams, but give it time. ^^

Everyone in the world should be getting their netherdrakes tomorrow, which was really one of those "I don't care if I get one as long as I don't get one" things. Good games to our rivals on Stormstrike; we'll see each other as we move up.

7 comments:

Azael - Forgotten Heroes said...

Playing that 3.5 healer team was so annoying -_-

A warrior that's raping everyone w/ WF bloodlust and massive amounts of heals, while i'm pounce -> mangle -> maim -> cyclone -> cyclone -> cyclone -> bash -> mangle mangle maim -> pally stun isn't too fun =[

Anonymous said...

I ran into a couple healing heavy teams this week as well. Even with a 4 DPS setup we found it took precise CC on one healer at the same time you dps'd down another. I'd much rather face any other combination than this setup

klassick said...

Forced a few shadowpriests/ele shamans to throw on their healing gear to try and live through our dps. Have yet to play any great teams though.

You guys finally get your drakes?

Azael - Forgotten Heroes said...

Seems like everyone got drakes now, I have 4 and i'm sure some other people do too -_-

Anonymous said...

Raddy why did you take the crit belt insted of the belt with alittle more dmg + much more stam?

Anonymous said...

quick question raddy =)

What is your thought on 55+ frost spec? I mainly do 5on5 with my mage and I currently 17/0/44. I am starting to believe imp cs isn't necessary as long as you don't miss it. I am considering a 0/7/54 or full 61 frost.

Raddy said...

I definitely don't view Imp CS as necessary; I spent most of last season as 0/17/44 or 0/18/43 and didn't miss it much. I've never personally been a huge fan of the 50+ frost specs as I don't really see the point. Yeah you can pick up a bit more damage on your frostbolts, but if you take the points in fire you gain impact and a better fireblast which are going to pay off better in my opinion.

Then again, a lot of strong players have moved into the deep frost WE specs, so it can definitely can be effective.

What are you hoping to gain specifically from 50+ frost as opposed to your normal 44 I guess is the question.