Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Path of the eFamous

I woke up today feeling especially baller. There are a few things that make a man wake with a Christmas Grinch grin -- "I made you eggs", "I washed my foundation and mascara out of your pillowcase", "..." (Because she's fucking gone), and lastly sick WoW PvP video ideas.

There have been a lot of 1v2 arena videos, so many that they're almost old hat now, but my evening's dreams reminded me that there were many possibilities out there beyond simple 1v2, why not rated 2v3 or 4v5? A 2000+ 4 man 5s team certainly seems quite new hat. And what about trash talk? If you've seen the Shadow Word Dance videos, you know he frequently lets bitches know their status as a Suck before finishing them off. No, I do not have dreams of dark men finishing bitches off. I do have dreams about making an arena team with a dark skinned rogue and warlock (named Orpheus) called We Run Train. Hell, you could even do a clip of rolling up to Home Depot before you zoned into the arena.

My apologies for derailing into a discussion of group sex and jungle folk. The point is that I woke up this morning with ideas. In my head. The thinking kind. I sprung out of bed, checked myself out in the mirror for a bit, wiped my saliva off the mirror and raced to IRC to tell my compadres in balling my visions for future WoW greatness and eFame. Yeah, last time we spoke, they didn't think "My Little Dixie Wrecked" was a great arena team name and there were some harsh words, but these guys are MY wingmen. They're there for me.

Imagine my astonishment to find IRC utterly deserted. It's cool, they'll be back. Sure, last time they said some things, "Sorry, but I got RL shit now","WoW is dead, I'm playing LotRo now", "I never even liked you." But they were just angry. Besides nobody would leave WoW to play LotRo; it's like going from a halfsie to a redhead. It'll be okay, they'll be back. We made an oath. Danger Zone was playing. I clicked my teeth, they called me Iceman. Fucking LotRo? Beyond making a hobbit called Dildo Teabaggins, what the fuck would anybody be doing caught dead with that shit?

Whatever, my wingmen aren't around. They're probably just off practicing jumping grenades -- it's no big deal, they'll be back, we love each other. I'll just get on vent and talk to my teammates. You have joined the GameOver channel. "Blah blah Sven blah blah creep blah blah ultimate. " You have joined the AFK channel. Now at this point, I had the blade of my favorite pair of scissors up against my wrist -- how could this day go so wrong so quickly? I could get on WoW, maybe like talk to my guildmates or something. Generally, I just log on to spam guild chat in all caps with Biggie lyrics and log off bored and disinterested when nobody knows what the fuck I'm going on about. I SPREAD THE BLOOD LIKE MUSTARD, TRUST IT, MY HARDCORE RAIN LEAVE YOU RUSTED.

I remember in the early days of my guild, there were accusations that my language was offensive or even racist. Silly, silly hippies. I explained to them that if you go far enough back in time we all come from like Africa anyways, I'm just exploring my roots, expressing to them how I feel like I am a brother -- I'm part of the tribe. If anyone's a racist, it's the guys telling me that I'm not allowed to express my culture. Everyone eventually agreed, but for a long time I always felt that people were still uncomfortable with many of our discussions; however, now I realize it had nothing to do with any of that nonsense, they were simply jealous of my eFame and general awesomeness. If people only knew how truly rough the life of an eFamous WoW player is -- the sacrifices we make, the constant harassment, the lack of privacy and anonymity at all times, the fear that maybe you can't satisfy three women at once, the rigorous training, the inability to eat a donut without the Ming-parazzi snapping photos -- it all takes a toll on you. But we do it nonetheless, not for the money, women, or intense mental conditioning, but for the little guy, for the average Joe, we do it because we know the talent with which we've been blessed is a great gift from the heavens, and we know we can't live with ourselves if we waste it.

Guild chat was a bust. They were going on and on about some weird professions I've never heard of. Alchemy? Must be something new in the next expansion. Sometimes I think they just make things up as some sort of sick, twisted inside joke at my expense. Besides, I can't share any totally awesome ideas in guild chat in fear they might be leaked to rival ballers. There's too many people I don't know or trust in guild ever since we've gone Duke with our admission standards. You have to be careful with The Sucks. They infiltrate every guild eventually hoping to hide their true nature with epics and guild progression status, but inevitably their true nature will shine through, at which point they must be quickly excised from your roster, unless said Suck is a girl of course. "I accidentally used my PvP trinket and it put my Divine Shield on cooldown, I'm really sorry." And yes, the truth is more horrible than fiction, but it doesn't matter baby.

Strangely even though the guild had no solace to give me, I did feel less like inflicting self harm and after arguing with a few people on how Vanessa Hudgens would be better young, fresh and green with no hair in between, I knew what had to be done. And so, I've purchased another TB of HD space and begun recording. I realized that every star must overcome obstacles and hardship. Every star is at times alone in the dark. But the real stars keep shining and one day not too long from now, you'll see me shine.

66 comments:

teki said...

I don't love you. I'm IN love with you.

ar-kip said...

LMAO

Anonymous said...

You mock Ming for including his anime references but you include just as many nerdy things that nobody understands in your posts. I thought it was funny but it is just hypocritical.

kale said...

doin' one of these everyday now rad?

most polished except for the kiss one imao

Kzn said...

This is fucking awesome.

I can almost forgive you for your totally not baller spec.

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that when the label isn't "sillyness" I'm disappointed? =p

Peridi said...

"rival ballers"

LOL

You're one of a kind Radikal...

Anonymous said...

Epic

So much quotable stuff in here ROFL

archaik said...

You read this post by exitec, rad?
http://www.gameriot.com/blogs/Exitec-Style/No-longer-a-personal-game/

Seems up your alley

Oppo said...

Can't wait for the video.

If it's at all possible, start it off with you in deviate delight ninja costume / rogue T4 helm (WoW model viewer can do it) and play the opening theme of the Batman cartoon of the mid 90s.

Then slow-fall off a cliff dressed like that and gank someone.

It's the opening I always wanted.
I gift it to you...live the legend!

Wynna said...

Ok don't ask me why but when I think of a video from you I just can't help but thinking you MUST INCLUDE this song in it, because it is just... so you raddy.

http://www.myspace.com/thelovegoofy

^ Booty Hole.

Anonymous said...

Well timed with all the nobody players acting like big names quiting over on GameRiot. Or was that the point?

Anonymous said...

Lol Wynna, if it's the same Booty Hole as I'm thinking of, it is truly epic. Heard it in "Alliance can't win without exploiting" and damn near doubled over.

Anonymous said...

Do you always have such sudden mood swings or is that just when your medicine runs out?

Anonymous said...

Please, stop trying to be "funny".
Nobody wants to have a Worldofming in "funny"... seriously.

- Ben

PLO said...

Ignore that anonymous, everyone wants worldofming in "funny"

BALLIN' said...

You are my Efamous Hero, one day I hope to be as baller as you

foreverandaday said...

LOL @ "My Little Dixie Recked"

Great post raddy

Anonymous said...

I used to enjoy this site but these past few articles are so condescending you've lost a reader. If you play WoW as much you do, you can't really play the "I'm cooler" card. Everyone who plays WoW is a geek, stop trying to pretend your something your not.

Raddy said...

I actually do think I'm too cool for school.

Apparently, so did you, "you're" not "your"

Anonymous said...

You're not too cool for anything if you're responding to comments in 2 minutes time. And yes I know its you're it was a typo, clearly your way cooler than me.

Raddy said...

It's still "you're" bro

See the "'" indicates that you're joining the two words "you" and "are" while "your" is just possessive

Sick hardcore grammar strats just for you

Raddy said...

I'm just messing around ^^

I'm VERY bored

aesthyr said...

This kid is so clueless that it's adorable. Be nice rad. =p

Raddy said...

Suck ninjas are cute I agree =p

I'll probably delete all these comments since they're distracting and embarrassing, so...

I'll actually be in NYC sat, I'll give you a call. I'm working eu and asian shifts back to back this month hence the no irc and no phone answering.

Azael said...

So good.

Sol said...

/gquit
transfer to tich
join me and affix in QC
profit!

Anonymous said...

Ownage raddy. Lol at all the people who dont get it and flame you...

Raddy is taking the piss, but some of you geeks take it serious and get offened. Losers.

Settanta

zarthustra said...

this post was pure stream of consciousness insanity

droppin' dis acid

odd[fh] said...

you're the man radi

Anonymous said...

Gameriot just added a new feature, the video blog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Implant said...

I'd come meety you both in NYC and buy you a drink radi, but i'm afraid i havnt practiced my peaches enough, and if you came in for the pity kiss i might have a nervous break down, or prematurely ice lance you with mah cock.

Anonymous said...

How can I make my mage use a different cast animation? Raddy, you rock my world you silly goose.

Anonymous said...

sexxxellent

Kraderif said...

Yeah yeah...
Another Raddy's eBalls eSucker defending his eHero.

Kzn said...

You need a sense of humor

Nolan Bagelson said...

Raddy, I'm rolling a character named Bovice right now.

don't forget the chicken sandwich and waffle fries... for FREE.

Szod - Malfurion said...

Wow, that implant guy is really REALLY all over Raddy's dick. Seriously. I think he would REALLY HONEST-TO-GOD lance you with it.

Careful if you meet him for drinks and he goes for the just-got-back-from-the-war-I-shouldn't-have-survived-brother man hug. His gun will stick into your hip.

Implant said...

First of all szod you're right. Second of all, im kind of in a defenseless position now that you made me admit that with your mental trickery. This is all kind of embarassing now because i had planned on denying it and subsequently making fun of you for being all over kraderif's dick and being jealous of my relationship to raddy, wich is a very baller relationship. in fact he calles me Ball 1 and i call him Ball 2, and our friends refer to us as "those crazy nuts" or "those cute dick bags" i know raddy didnt want to come out like this, but you havnt given us much of a choice, have you? how do you feel now... you... jerk.

Szod - Malfurion said...

I actually feel pretty good, really.

Your post brought a smile to my otherwise boring and bland day.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Baller Fo Sho my neezey. Skrait up gangsta ballin cheese pickles

Anonymous said...

Where is my wife?

XOXO
Mankirk

Anonymous said...

This site IS becomming like world of Ming. You know you're on the road to e-victory when you start collecting haters like the dead cat in my backyard collects flies.

Anonymous said...

I WANT YOUR BABIES

nano said...

Yeah, this album is dedicated to all the teachers that told me
I'd never amount to nothin', to all the people that lived above the
buildings that I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on
me when I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughters,
and all the niggaz in the struggle, you know what I'm sayin'?

Uh-ha, it's all good baby bay-bee, uh

[Verse One:]

It was all a dream
I used to read Word Up magazine
Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
Hangin' pictures on my wall
Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl
I let my tape rock 'til my tape popped
Smokin' weed and bamboo, sippin' on private stock
Way back, when I had the red and black lumberjack
With the hat to match
Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha, duh-ha
You never thought that hip hop would take it this far
Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I rhyme tight
Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade
Born sinner, the opposite of a winner
Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner
Peace to Ron G, Brucey B, Kid Capri
Funkmaster Flex, Lovebug Starsky
I'm blowin' up like you thought I would
Call the crib, same number same hood
It's all good

Uh, and if you don't know, now you know, nigga, uh

[Chorus:]

You know very well who you are
Don't let em hold you down, reach for the stars
You had a goal, but not that many
'cause you're the only one I'll give you good and plenty

[Verse Two:]

I made the change from a common thief
To up close and personal with Robin Leach
And I'm far from cheap, I smoke skunk with my peeps all day
Spread love, it's the Brooklyn way
The Moet and Alize keep me pissy
Girls used to diss me
Now they write letters 'cause they miss me
I never thought it could happen, this rappin' stuff
I was too used to packin' gats and stuff
Now honies play me close like butter played toast
From the Mississippi down to the east coast
Condos in Queens, indo for weeks
Sold out seats to hear Biggie Smalls speak
Livin' life without fear
Puttin' 5 karats in my baby girl's ears
Lunches, brunches, interviews by the pool
Considered a fool 'cause I dropped out of high school
Stereotypes of a black male misunderstood
And it's still all good

Uh...and if you don't know, now you know, nigga

[Verse Three:]

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this
50 inch screen, money green leather sofa
Got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur
Phone bill about two G's flat
No need to worry, my accountant handles that
And my whole crew is loungin'
Celebratin' every day, no more public housin'
Thinkin' back on my one-room shack
Now my mom pimps a Ac' with minks on her back
And she loves to show me off, of course
Smiles every time my face is up in The Source
We used to fuss when the landlord dissed us
No heat, wonder why Christmas missed us
Birthdays was the worst days
Now we sip champagne when we thirst-ay
Uh, damn right I like the life I live
'Cause I went from negative to positive
And it's all...

(It's all good)

...and if you don't know, now you know, nigga, uh
Uh, uh...and if you don't know, now you know, nigga
Uh...and if you don't know, now you know, nigga, uh

Representin' B-Town in the house, Junior Mafia, mad flavor, uh
Uh, yeah, a-ight

Anonymous said...

real ballers quote JMT

I did it, cripple, did it, pictures I painted is vivid, live it.
A wizard with weapons, a secret mission we about to begin it.

klassick said...

baller is apparently spelled r-a-d-i-k-a-l now

Raddy said...

I love you all.

Tigar said...

Raddy... this was an epic blog entry. Nothing left to be said.

Anonymous said...

What this site needs is Godrambo.

Oppo said...

"What this site needs is Godrambo."


GODRAMBO IS AN AWESOME GOD.

Anonymous said...

wtf rad, you got a new coke habit? you've gone from mr dry wow analysis to hysterical satirist overnight. ghost writer? maybe you found your true calling. keep it up.

Siddie said...

So you got laid?

pinch said...

"after arguing with a few people on how Vanessa Hudgens would be better young, fresh and green with no hair in between, I knew what had to be done"

Great callback. My complaint is that your writing is filled with inside jokes and obscure pop culture references. Very funny. I've quit WoW since Burning Crusade first came out, but the satire alone here makes this site a worthwhile read.

Raddy said...

"So you got laid?"

I wouldn't want to cheat on JILL

kale said...

$20 says your "ballin' in NYC" trip is an excuse to go suck off Justin Wong @ that Chinatown Arcade

zyz said...

"$20 says your "ballin' in NYC" trip is an excuse to go suck off Justin Wong @ that Chinatown Arcade"

Me, actually

hope said...

Rad is definitely not fat LOL

Great post raddy, <3'd it

kale said...

The comment about the coke habit is the truest thing in this whole comments section.

Anonymous said...

Geez stop imitating ming and trying to go all wierd and start posting wierd crap and trying to attract attention. Don't make the same mistake ming did. The reason why ming got famous was due to his vids + rogue strats (maybe minimal trash talk too). The reason people started to read your blog is cause of your strats. Don't screw yourself posting nonsensical stuff like this.

magdain said...

Sense of Humor: 1

Badnonymous noone likes: 0

Ayska said...

this shit is hilarious, anyone who thinks this is a waste or is condescending is dumb. Yes there is no tone of voice in text, but anyone with half a brain would realize raddy is being sarcastic or overly dramatic. It's like stephen colbert's style of humor, he fakes cockyness for laughs, and personally that is my favorite style of humor. These posts are sick and if i was a blogger i would write like this. And one of my black friends got me to start saying Baller, so now with raddy saying it its fucking awesome.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the funniest things I have ever read. Your amazing.

Anonymous said...

Epic funny

trance said...

probably emo'd out the most of everyone who posted about it, mainly cuz I play this game only for competition. tell me to go play an fps or rts if I want to play a game like wow competitively and you'll hear 'been there done that' a dozen times, I played WoW for PvP but now PvP turned competitive - without much reason to compete, knowing my place in the scheme of things, I feel besides the few future tournaments left in WoW that its time for another generation of epeen heroes to take place of the present ones.

I feel this post is targetted at players like myself, but if anyone knows I'm one of the founders of bg9 and I hyped it up as much as anyone(probably more, I was the public defender for the last year on worldofming for bg9 blogs lolol) so there!

Raddy said...

You know I love you panda. It's all in fun. <3

Also, I miss your hideous Night Elf. You had perhaps the ugliest character in all of WoW.