Thursday, July 5, 2007

WSVG!!

I only saw the very end of the Pandemic games, and really have nothing to say about them so I'll just move on.

Will mage/rogue/priest and rogue/priest/lock still dominate? Where are the super annoying warrior/shammy/pally teams? Does lack of water really neuter the warrior/2healer setups?

I decided to go with the S2 chest on recommendation from Bubbles and am 6 points short of the wand this week, which sadly is basically the next piece that is an actual upgrade. Think of the sick wand dps upgrade though.

I'll briefly mention here that I enjoyed the Pig vid, but it wasn't really what I was hoping for -- it seemed like just something he threw together over a pretty short time period, which is fine, but I had been waiting on a new vid from him for months. The music was great though. ^^

I'm not exactly who I'm pulling for to win WSVG; I guess I'll be cheering for Insurrection and MoB since they have some of my favorite players on them. It feels a little weird to be cheering for people instead of shit-talking them for sucking, but it's nice to try something new.

I'm off to Vegas very briefly, but should be back to comment and chat about the ongoing WSVG Saturday afternoon. BTW, check out #fhpvp on irc.gamesurge.net if you want a place to idle with us.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you play rad? I play limit at bellagio and will be there late friday after the action at Rio gets boring.

kale said...

^ is me btw

Raddy said...

I'll be at Bellagio all night fri. I usually sit @ 15-30 LH, but might be playing higher HiLo or some other stud game if the tables aren't too tough for me. I'm like 6-1, pale, super lanky, and will be wearing black sneakers that say "Raddy" lol. I'm probably with a tall, effeminate korean kid, and a medium height whitey. Come chill and talk about WoW @ the tables with us and feel like real cool people.

Illexiyel said...

Most interesting thing about the Pigvomit video and his style imo is how much of a tank he is ^^

He has like 480 resil...and survives through so much, helps a lot for 1v2s

Anonymous said...

Wait, so when will you be around for 5s, Raddy?

why do your shoes have raddy on them lol

reft

Anonymous said...

aww, i was hoping for a response from you rad on all the ming vs minti going on since you seem to be friends with both

dont lose too much money in vegas =p

anna said...

tanjoobi omedetoo ^_^

Anonymous said...

@annon#3:
About the Ming drama, he said 2 posts ago:
" THIS ISS DRRRAAAAMAAAA
I'm just keeping quiet. ^^"

Which I think is probably the smart thing to do... don't stoop down to Ming's very low level. Because it's like they say, "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Great site Raddy, keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Are there any good Shadow priest sites of or close to this quality? My main is a mage and finding plenty of great info here, but rolling a shadow priest. Keep up the good work Raddy.

Anonymous said...

No good shadow priest sites that I know of. Not for pvp anyway. That dude that is in Ming's guild has a site, but I hear he's not so great a pvper.

I actually started with a shadow priest and went to frost mage... hehe. Not to try to change your mind or anything, but playing a frost mage is like a breath of fresh air. The defensive capabilities are incredible after playing a priest with only fear/shield as protection in shadow form.

nuked said...

happy bday rad

i didnt know you even played wow LOL

Anonymous said...

Judging from your pictures, I'd say your, what?, 13?

Happy birthday =p

Anonymous said...

Yeah I play a frost mage for pve and pvp, but between kara and arenas (25 mans are really boring) I get bored so leveling the shadow priest for some variety. Were you talking about Jesta or Hibirdi? I can't get on ming's site at work anymore so haven't been there recently.

Anonymous said...

Hibiridi or however you spell that has talent for sure from what I hear. Jesta is just a PVE organizer :P

Those people get no respect from me.

Anonymous said...

wtf. hibirdi is so bad, your vision of good players is skewed.

reft

Anonymous said...

@PV's video:
(410~ res first of all, not 481, last i checked)
He quickly decided that it was boring b/c you can't beat two good players in rated arena more or less. They've got to make serious mistakes to lose the 1v2 match up.

He got tired of beating up on scrubs and decided he wasn't going to get anything special from it after he got the geared pally/war clip and just called it quits.
And QQ'd too much I couldn't even get him to edit it.
So it is what it is, I'll try to push him to do something more interesting in the future, expect some possible group Arena videos etc.

Depz

BTW: enjoying the blog raddy, one of the few places i read regularly, keep up the good work