Friday, July 27, 2007

Another Sweet Affix Vid

Check it out.

You won't be disappointed. ^^

I've still been unable to 3s any for the past 2 weeks, but 5s we still are making good progress. We still do the thing where we lose a 30 point game first game of the night pretty consistently, but once we stop sucking and actually play, it feels like there is still a lot of room for improving well beyond the level at which we currently play. Perhaps that is just intrinsic to playing 4DPS; when you play an outlast matrix and lose to an early death, it's sort of like "well, like, um, how did you die, man?" whereas in 4DPS you're in more control throughout the entire match. (barring tons of CC resists) The new thing for me this past week has been renewed effort for teams to focus fire me, which is a strategy most teams abandoned earlier in the season. I've always believed harassing WE mages to be extremely important to mitigate their damage, but as I've said before, I think trying to kill one, even one as damage-gemmed as me, is generally too risky as if the mage slips away and gets healed, you've left a shadowpriest and UA lock alone too long to really come back from the dots.

While Rupture's arena stats are certainly incorrect for some things, been playing around with the Recap feature, it's pretty cool and it definitely warrants messing around with if you're bored and helps you both mentally reconstruct games as well as understand better the details of some fights.

I've been having trouble again with frapsing. >.< Perhaps, it's time to give up on this computer as there definitely seems to be an issue with it and WoW FPS since patch 2.10. More real updates to come, but I'm out the door right now. ^^

21 comments:

Gupux said...

If you are using many macros you should add #show none in the beginning of _ALL_ of them. There is some problem with the patch 2.1 that using complex macros is eating up memory or something so FPS goes down.
People have gotten fantastic results with that trick.

klassick said...

It obviously isn't Blizzard's terribly tweaked and horribly optimized game that is the problem, its everyone's computer.

Btw, 3s'ing with a hunter and resto shaman is pretty interesting.

eks said...

Yeah, until you run into a double healer warrior team that knows what they're doing. :)

Anonymous said...

@gupux

do you mean put "#show"
or "#show none" at the begging of the macros?

Harry said...

I apologize in advance for bugging you about strategy in 2v2 but...

What do you guys tend to do against rogue/priest and warlock/druid? I have an spriest as well, and we have a little trouble with them. Especially in Nagrand arena, where line of sight is much easier to pull off (run in circles around the pillars), we have some trouble.

gupux said...

Yes I mean "#Show none"

NiceGuyTom said...

Harry:

For rogue / priest teams one of the best things you can do is catch the rogue out of position (if not out of stealth). Hang back / off to one side for a bit to give the rogue some time to try to get into SAP position and then mount up and charge the Priest. The worst thing you can do vs a rogue is give them the opener. This effectively puts a rogue on defense. Trinket out of blind / dispel fears / MC rogue off after initial CC and CoS is over.

For a warlock / Druid combo you're probably going to want to Shift targets from the lock to the Druid after he drops stealth. You can't let him chain cyclone. CC the lock - Burst / drain the druid.

I hope this helps a bit.

NiceGuyTom said...

Ha, I forgot to mention one of my favorite rogue tricks. Mid fight when they're going for gouge you can jump @ them, pull a 180, and laugh as gouge fails due to them facing your back. Just a quick tip.

Anonymous said...

@ niceguytom cause u know when a rogue is going to gouge. Most dont since they arent going to wait for out blink to come off CD.

Anonymous said...

Blizzard has admitted there is an issue after it was discovered. Putting #Show None or #ShowToolTip [ToolTip] will prevent the issue until they fix the problem in 2.2

Basically, any conditional macro (so a macro with [] in it) will search your all your bags and bank slots for an icon every server pulse. This bug falls in the "how the hell did THAT get there" category, but will be solved with the new Macro engine in 2.2.

Anonymous said...

A very nice video, true his opponents made some huge mistakes, but it was still very entertaining.

Also a huge plus was the music, if I hear another emo death metal song in a PvP video I think I'll start bashing my head against the keyboard.

eKS said...

The music is the only reason I didn't turn the video off after 15 seconds.

Anonymous said...

Affix is carried by his druid.

qqtronic said...

good vid with enjoyable music. cheers.

Bubbles said...

not gona argue about music preferences, I ll just say that anything metal just get muted if it s a big name mage otherwise it s an instant delete.

Also, is Affix color blind or something, those brown unit frames looks like shit

Anonymous said...

Yes, mute metal and get me more generic dance and electronica music. Or emo music that will get the QQ's to /wrist and STFU finally about music

Anonymous said...

great mage info as usual raddy. Does anyone know of a good priest pvp site? Yes mages are great but I get bored.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

jiang said...

But if ducts are not thomas charms proprly cleaned and well thomas sabo bracelet taken of

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.

Anonymous said...

I just added your blog site to my blogroll, I pray you would give some thought to doing the same.