Saturday, July 24, 2010

Can Anyone Get This?

Anyone with a rogue on Beta able to get combat Gouge into CS guaranteed? I haven't been able to, but it seems possible with good timing + low latency. (I have 300ish)

I feel like I have 1/4 second to spare on the restealth but the typical 1/2 sec delay between stealth -> CS fucks me. I've tried with safe spam macro but I'm not sure it's better than just timing it, actually I think it's worse as you lose something like 100ms per failed action or some BS.

Here's a clip showing how close it is, lf nonbad rogue to viral this shit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nerd.



jk i love u

Raddy said...

ilu2

Anonymous said...

Doesn't look possible

Anonymous said...

The timing of combat drop is very inconsistent. Blizzard officially states 5 seconds, but I've recorded times from anywhere between 4.5 to over 6.

I remember long ago, Ming made a post about this and how some Chinese rogues told him that the game actually "ticks" to check combat and that is the reason for the inconsistency.

So I downloaded an old energy watch mod from back in the day where energy ticked every two seconds. And used those tick marks as a timer for combat drop.

I fucked around with it some and came away none the wiser.

I still like the tick theory, and this was on live btw.

Anonymous said...

it at least used to tick every 2secs so your ooc time varied between 4 to 6secs

havent played in a while so dunno if its still the same

so in theory if you time it close to 4secs and have low latency this could be possible

Raddy said...

Yeah Viral pulled this shit off way back in vanilla but I'm not sure ooc is still tied to the same timing as back then.

Anyone have opinion on timing restealth-CS vs spamming macro?

Anonymous said...

I've felt the same that failed action would cause a little delay. I'm guessing that is client side as it's so tiny(?).

And yea it's very possible they changed the ooc time to the static 5sec in the patch where they changed mana/energy ticks.

jiang said...

But if ducts are not thomas charms proprly cleaned and well thomas sabo bracelet taken of