Saturday, April 10, 2010

STOP PERMAING ALL MY ACCOUNTS BLIZZARD YOU NERDS

Despite not playing WoW in, well, 7 months, I randomly decided to see what's up with everyone, but well yeah, my US mage is perma'd and my EU rogue is perma'd. COOLIO. I assume this problem will be resolved by the fat virgins at Blizzard if I call them and remind them who the fuck I am, but these pretty fingers weren't meant for dialing long distance. (So kryoh, how about you give me that mage since you're awful)

The class previews looked pretty sweet not going to lie. Arena looks like it's going YUGIOH style - YOU TRIGGERED MY TRAP CARD WALL OF FOG. OH SHIT THIS BOOMKIN IS SHROOMING ME. FUCK I CANT HIT HIM THE ROGUE SMOKE BOMBED. WAIT NVM THE OOMKIN IS JUST HURRICANING.

It's way too soon to react to specifics of the mage changes (YES I WILL BE PLAYING MAGE AGAIN FINALLY), but shit like logic has never stopped before, so without further ado, than this right here, ado, here's my initial feelings: (not thoughts, FEELINGS)

Flame Orb - This sounds nerdy and dumb but maybe hilarious depending on how stupid and big the orb is and if it matters if it hits you. Will it break CC? (Please god no) Is kiting along your orb path viable? It's a little hard for me to imagine how this could be amazing in PvP (and as for PvE, I think it's slightly cooler than just spamming LB), but it sounds like there's probably some small handed potential.

Time Warp -  "Grants a passive Haste effect ..[]" Passive? WTF does that mean? It's unclear to me if this is actually heroism even though nerds everywhere are like OMG MAGE BUDLUST. If it is heroism, it's cool but retarded as I'm not looking forward to getting exhaustion from nerds who sprint out the gate in WSG to steal my zerking. My guess would be that this doesn't give exhaustion but is somewhat less powerful (15% maybe?) and simply doesn't stack. I would rather this me location based and not party/raid based as that seems like the direction things are going. (POSITIONING > MINDLESSNESS) It would be particularly badass if it was just like a 15 yd AoE granting friendlies 15% movement + haste and hostiles - 15% etc, but I best shut up before the vultures scream OH PENIS.

Wall of Fag - WHY YOU CLEAVERS BREAK DOWN MY SHITTY WALL. This sounds fucking awesome.

AM Change - A little confusing but I can see no downside to greater spell variety if the balance is solid. I assume this goes along with removing MBAM and reworking the spell to be generally a similar dps burst mechanic.

No Frost Haste Mastery - NOESSS I NEED SICK DF COMBOS FML

Scorch Change - Probably cool but it still doesn't really solve the fire pvp issue that there's no good way to actually deal damage unless it interacts differently with different fire spells. (Increases next fireball by say 5%, next BW/DB/fireblast by 25%)

Mirror Image - Can we get a redesign for these dumb nerds?

Junk Buffs - HOW WILL I PROTECT MYSELF FROM DEVOURDOGS?

Playing With Fire - Cool idea maybe? I don't really like the RNG disarm crap in fire so hopefully there will be a more predictable/controllable punish for melee training fire mages. (BETTER NOT LEAVE HIM ALONE OR HE MIGHT START SCORCHING US GUYS)

Burnout Change - YAY I WONT LOSE DUELS BECAUSE I OOMED MYSELF WITH MANA SHIELD. I need to lay off the caps. I love this shit though. LOOK AT ME MOM IM A BIG WARLOCK NOW.

Arcane Adept - DOUBLE MAGE 2S TRINKET AP IV GEM ABABABAB DID WE WIN? FUCK IM AT 60% WERE FUCKED. Actually...this is retarded. I think innervate needs to go if this stays as I can't imagine the nerdrage that's going to result from the DPS swings that not getting a vate is going to cause. Maybe some spells aren't affected by the penalty/bonus such as barrage? So you have one high mana rotation, one med, and one low? Sounds complicated and not really that cool tbh.

New Ignite - It sounds like this is per spell which is potentially cool as it might reward mixing in a few more spells to max your running ignite. (ffb, fb, and fblast even maybe?) Could be cool in PvP depending on relative strength of dot as you could maybe get decent single target dps with BW+instant FS+fireblast and all 3 dots.

Deathfrost - Yay no more fbolt turreting and BF procs might actually matter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should be able to push the orb in different directions by icelancing it!

Anonymous said...

you could have my eu rogue, 80/furious gear.

Won't need it, when I'm starting studies..

Anonymous said...

You play the blc beta yet, Radikal?

Anonymous said...

It is magelust, confirmed by Blizzard. Also, Blizzard has confirmed that Arena is pretty much not their focus anymore and will not balance around it. They are putting all focus on BGs because they fail at balance. Imagine how dumb RMP will be now anyhow.

Raddy said...

I'm totally cool with arena going backseat for a while -- now that 2s is dead, I'm willing to trade 2s/3s for 5s/BGs.

I totally forgot the main thought I had while thinking about cata changes which is that all the Mastery +dmg + crit + haste bonuses are not spell school specific -- this is potentially huge as it would allow for casting of non tree spells without "penalty" (There's obviously still talents that affect single or a few spells)

shift said...

Want my mage? PM me on IRC

Roxton said...

I think mana adept won't be as big a deal as people are making out, because if it was then it would be impossible to balance. Presumably it will never reduce your spell damage below a standard point: every % of mana above 0 will grant you spell damage, possibly exponentially to give you a real bonus for having high mana. Furthermore, I'm guessing that it won't be a straight conversion of mana % into bonus spell damage, but rather a regional thing where 0-20% mana = x spell damage, 20-40% = y spell damage and so on. If this could be UIed by means of a stacking buff that would be cool.

Presumably even with no spell power bonus arcane damage will be competitive; the 100% mana is purely for extra burst, which means that you'll want to evo back to full before unloading on someone. I'm guessing that stopping the arcane mage from drinking will be a high priority for many people in the new rated bgs.

Incidentally that's another use for the flame orb in PvP: set it off to wander past a column and poke the drinker's without having to go there yourself.

Anonymous said...

it's kind of funny, I just checked my account after around a year of not playing, and I got perma'd too

not the original owner, so I'm not really complaining, but I have to wonder how they caught me

cataclysm looks good, as I'm sick of arenas, but I kind of need some appealing world pvp to get me back in, and I don't think that's happening