Saturday, March 21, 2009

Why is Baltar Alive?

I'm so confused brosephs.

(And yeah, the ending devoured) Lots of plot holes? BLAME GOD.

OH WAIT THAT WASN'T BALTAR SILLY ME. THAT WAS ANGEL BALTAR AND ANGEL SIX. GOD IT MAKES SENSE NOW.

I had this fear as season three wound down and season four began that the show's increasing embrace of ideology and spirituality coupled with tons of plot holes would lead to a huge fuckshow deus ex machina ending. Yup, it did. I felt the same way about Geass, and it was hugely problematic in that show too, in very much the same way. However, the charm of Geass was that it wrapped up all the spirituality crap way before the ending and gave you enough time to realize that, in that show, it wasn't the "magical crap" driving the narrative but the actions and motivations of the protagonists. Both shows pull "reset" endings, but Battlestar's is particularly frustrating as it basically can be summarized as "divine forces got us here." (Whereas Lelouch outsmarts every character and the audience in a scheme to pull off said reset)

Battlestar's characters have been going through "pre-destined" motions for a whole season and the ending's no exception, barf.

Oh, so like Jimi Hendrix is Hera's great-great...-great grandson?

The whole notion that the show predates our notion of earth rather than being in the future at all was absolutely not shocking, and has been something hinted at, since what, season 2?

Kill yourselves.

33 comments:

hol said...

couldn't agree more. that was awful. what happened to hera?

radje said...

Raddy get on live for once this week so you, me, and deztruckt can run a baller rmp to glad

Nove said...

How was Hera the "Primordial Eve" when there are plenty of women older than her including the people already on earth for who knows how long?

Raddy said...

@nove - yeah LOL. that would only be true if the white space people refused to mate with them damn jungle folk

@haab - TOO BUSY BALLING OUT OF CONTROL

I dinged 80 with my priest though...

I'll try to be on more this week. I'm back to normal hours, but I won't be on 2nite due to me preferring the pink.

Sup said...

Usually not into into "this" kind of music, but I really do love your playlist. Please continue to fill it with more superhits!

kzn said...

haha oh god raddy watched geass

YOU NEED TO GIVE ME YOUR AIM OR SOMETHING SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT NERDY ANIME MORE

Raddy said...

I just realized that in one of these duels I frapsed, the chat goes:

shift: Why aren't you going out?
me: my gf got pissed @ me cuz I said I wanted to creampie veronica mars
shift: LOL
me: i really do

<3 ya shift

nether said...

Fuck the only reason I've kept this window open is to listen to that Only remix on repeat.

Is that song part of an album?

Anonymous said...

Lelouch x CC, gogo Season 3

Raddy said...

gg s3 = s&w s2 bro

okay i'm being too nerdy now. time to go lift some weights or talk to a girl.

Anonymous said...

Laddikaru-san.

Theo said...

The "only" remix is pretty sick, but I'm really liking that Adele remix a lot too.

Raddy said...

@theo - Def one of my fav of all the high contrast mixes.

I was hunting for a high contrast remix of bittersweet symph, but I've been told that no such track ever existed. (But I think it does >.<)

@kzn - <3 The third verse is amazing.

On that Streets track, does anyone else think the syncopation @ 1:57-2:01 is horrible? It doesn't feel right at all.

okay i can't type on this stupid phone

shift said...

you're the best lmao ;)

the screwed and chopped twista is amusing but too long

Anonymous said...

best walkmen track by far

Anonymous said...

the rapture is sick

Anonymous said...

you have the most random diverse interests

Anonymous said...

veronica mars is fuckin hot bro

Raddy said...

@kzn - I like little weapon better for sure, but I dislike the intro >.<

kzn said...

yeah but the first verse is awesome

Anonymous said...

bsg end was horrible

Anonymous said...

Einstein believed in god

Law said...

Moar wow plx.

Greengoo said...

Rad... I always love your posts... but nothing makes me happier than you pissed off as hell.

Anonymous said...

Don't you get it? It's a literal DEUS EX MACHINA!

alexial said...

Greengoo? LOL

kzn said...

there's a war
if the guns are just too tall for you, we'll find you something small to use

\o/

Craptor said...

I just started watching BSG based on one of your posts about my favorite TV shows. Season 1-4 marathon incoming.

Raddy said...

@craptor, You won't be disappointed. I thought I'd hate BSG, but seasons one and two are awesome.

@ dahis, jack whatever you like. I'm happy that people find use in my toon nerdotry.

I had planned on releasing a dueling vid from TR, but honestly I don't see that happening anymore as between work, gf, and chicago growing warm enough to be social, I have little interest in WoWing.

It's not over for me and WoW. I just need space. I THINK WE SHOULD SEE OTHER PEOPLE FOR A WHILE.

kzn said...

marmalade would be disappointed in you, raddy

Greengoo said...

@alexial

Yessir :) Still alive and kickin.

Anonymous said...

i would've been blown away if the ending hadn't been a deus ex machina. near the end of the series it became apparent a single episode couldn't explain all the stupid crap they wrote.

funniest part was the asteroid that knocked the dead pilot's hand onto a single button that launched a zillion nukes into the colony. actually scratch that: funniest part was how it turned out THERE WAS NO FUCKING REASON AT ALL TO SAVE THE CHILD.

Craptor said...

So far my favorite episode is the one where they go back and forth between imaginary baltar, and imaginary six. It was just awesome how both the chars roles were switched.