Friday, July 18, 2008

Why So Serious

Yesterday I said that Beta was coming, but it came a little sooner than I expected. No, I'm not going there.

Emails have been going out, but I've yet to receive one. Once again, Blizzard, please check my email address again. God@Gmail.com and BallerJesus@gmail.com are actually not me. I fucking love Baller Jesus, so if you want to give him a key, go for it. He taught me that water to wine shit after I showed him the secret Asian to Jasian transformation. (It involves her singing Daiyenu and shouting "Next Year in Jerusalem" -- you know it worked if she can recite all of Paul Revere or if a Mike D tattoo appears on her lower back. I fucking love Mike D.)

More importantly, Batman fucking owned. As did scalping tickets. I speculated on them shits like they were oil. What amazed me was that there were people who showed up dressed up as fucking Batman who didn't have tickets already. There were also people dressed as Robin. Yup, Boy fucking Wonder. Shit is gayer than Greeks. The Joker was awesome -- everyone is sucking Heath's (dead) dick for his performance. I will too. And whoever wrote his dialog. It's transcendent. A fucking villain to remember. People are already SPECULATING that he' s got potential for a best supporting posthumous oscar. (Best Actor would be very bold) Fucking speculators man.

I've been over to Da Riot to catch up. Anyone else notice an uptick in the amount of creative fiction? I don't like to brag, except for when I do, which is always, but I'm a motherfucking TRENDSETTER. That's the problem with words. That needs to be a sample. TRENDSETTER. Fuck. Words. Don't. Get. It. Done.

Actually, I think it's interesting (wow that word has zero meaning) that GameRiot is diversifying. It's been the trajectory of every WoW blog. Start hardcore on WoW. Branch into other shit. Focus on the other shit. Randomly talk about the bigger changes in WoW. World of Ming, Shadow Gaming, this site -- it's just the nature of the game. It moves slowly. GameRiot bloggers face the additional challenge that many people cover the same stories, and it's probably quite hard to stand out. At least to stand out in a good way...

The EJ boards, while often pretentious, are perhaps a better medium for serious discussion. The forum environment just might be better than the blog for discussing gaming strategy. It's definitely a good supplement to the blog format. No, I won't be putting up a forum. Nobody here cares enough. =p

Refreshing inbox every two minutes...

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CARE THATS WHY IM

FIRST

alexial said...

Yea man that movie was awesome

I don't really know which joker you were talking about tho cuz there are a lot of funny characters in the movie

Gotta give it to Martin Lawrence above all tho...he's a comedic genius.

Icicles said...

i vote yes on forums. i vote yes on change. yes we can!

Anonymous said...

All your points are invalid. 1498/1540

Tef said...

I really love your movies, PvP posts, and taste in music, but I hate when you talk about anything but WoW. Please stop being in any way like Ming.

Also, EJ is useless to post to. There is always someone out there with a combat log parser who cares more than you will. Rather just make an EJ wiki where we can put up whatever the nerds research as gospel. (And the pvp posts are fucking awful).

Anonymous said...

http://elitistjerks.com/blog.php

Anonymous said...

new trader in joke: relate speculation to everything since the common man does it on the news. comedy gold!

Anonymous said...

i love baller jesus too

Oppo said...

You remember those absolutely hilarious epic posts on the forums?

Me neither.

But I found one randomly, courtesy of Bygone of Blackrock:







Morning Glory Dew (MGD) Presents: Real Men of Genius
(real men of genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. AFK all day in the Battlegrounds guy.
(Mr. AFK all day in the battlegrounds guy!)

With silent intensity you keep the AV caves free of enemies and the AB lake free of fish all while browsing forums and listening to music.
(Why is that guy jumpinnnn?)

Alt tab at the ready, and victory in your sights, only you can manage to wrack up 10k honor points in one day with only 1 kill.
(He must've killed a ninjaaa!)

Let the forum whiners say what they must, but no alliance is getting in that cave today. Not on your watch.
(Why is he still jumpinnn)

So crack open an ice-cold Morning Glory Dew you space bar barbarian, and keep doing what you do best. Nothing.

(Someone page a gm!!??)

If you need the actual VIDEO, someone made it

http://files.filefront.com/
RMGwmv/;8009926;/fileinfo.html

Barrelroll/dwarfgimli said...

Be afraid of the ret paldin.

http://chuckg.org/dump/2008/loljoc.jpg

Matt said...

I'm SPECULATING about the pve nature of the caster changes and how frostfire bolt is really dumb. I certainly have not posted my findings on EJ or anything, I never do that.

Anonymous said...

THE REVOLUTION IS MY BOYFRIEND

Anonymous said...

Best actor isn't bold at all. Heathy did a lot more than "supporting" in TDK.

Raddy said...

I'd rather see Heath win for Best Supporting than just take a nomination for Best Actor.

Linda said...

Raddy, which spec do you think is the best for mages if you want to be able to beat several players at once in battlegrounds? If there are other players who are good at playing mage you're welcome to answer aswell.

Maligne said...

Benefactor's Bar, Raddy...seriously.

Anonymous said...

no you are gay not greeks >.>