Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm Back

And that box of Valtrex under your bathroom sink ain't gonna get rid of me. Actually, if you're a girl, yes, yes, it fucking will. RUN GET HELP.

My weekend away from all things WoW was mostly repeated failures to close, a brief encounter with undercover cops trying to sell me coke, and a reminder that I don't really fit in with the cats singing along to Journey and Live at the clubs here. I alone love you. I alone tempt you.

Seriously, fucking kill yourselves. And I know I tell people to kill themselves a lot. But when you see a club full of busted Indian girls and white-douchebag-jock-finance-fratboy- diesel-jean-wearing-fucks jumping up and down and singing along to 90s pop/rock, you become quickly aware that a lot of people just need to die a little bit.

Me: God, it's great to take a break from the sleep-work-exercise-wow-study-sleep cycle.

World: Yeah, yeah, we're rocking the suburbs. Yeah, yeah, we're rocking the suburbs.

Me: Matchbox 20. Cool.

World: ITS FUCKING BEN FOLDS NUB.

Me: ...

To be serious for a second -- what the fuck happened? Why is there a fucking post-hip-hop bad-rock revival going on everywhere? I haven't heard Biggie out anywhere in months. No Souljah Boy or Jay. Nothing. Love or hate big dumb hip-pop, it's fucking infinitely better that watching people convulse awkwardly to whitebread rock with no beat.

Yes, I'm emo. I sit around at home and listen to this shit:





But I keep that shit at home. I keep the whiteboy at home. When I go out, I fire up The Wire, pregame some vodka and redbull, and practice in front of the mirror, "What's good Holmes." I never bought a fucking Offspring CD. I have zero clue who Toad the Wet Sprocket are. Why is the world so fucking gay?

I'm maybe a little drunk/hungover. Sorry. =p


25 comments:

saqe said...

you are, the mother, of three girls, so sweet

steph said...

Oh my god, you have Black Kids on your list. Love.

Anonymous said...

BTW, a world does exist outside your own. If they spent any time around you they'd probably find you very wierd and tell you "KY".

Besides, there hasn't been anything worth listening to since the 90's IMO. So with age, I have become a Talk Radio addict.

What's Soulja Boy?

Oppo said...

the outer world sucks.

That's why they are trying to reach back for the 90s, a time they think sucked less.

...but the 90s, of course, sucked as well.

Pretty much the ONLY thing that doesn't suck around here are the girls I date.

Unless you have a $20.

Anonymous said...

omg do you have narrow stairs??? isnt it sooooooooo gooooooooooooooooood?????

Anonymous said...

50cent once made a sadder song.
=>
50cent is and emo singer.

Caide said...

You should seriously write a book. Your writing style really reminds me of J.D. Salinger's (writer of Catcher in the Rye) for some reason. It doesn't even need to be about anything specific, it'd go down in history either way.

Anonymous said...

the return of the 90s have also brought the return of the wigger it seems

Raddy said...

"the return of the 90s have also brought the return of the wigger it seems"

EVEN ROCK MUSIC HAS DEM JUNGLE PEOPLE DRUMS YO

white music = harp and accordion

your choice broseph

JimmyHoffa said...

It's not just rock, 90's Hip Hop was better than new Hip Hop:

Tupac, Common Sense and Gang Starr

VS

Solja Boi, 50 cent and Ludacris

It's not even a contest...

Record Companies are afraid of anything that won't make a good single or ring tone.

Anonymous said...

need pally retri tree!

Anonymous said...

When I go drinking at whitey's douchey upscale bar, I always make it a point to put one of these songs on the jukebox:

Livin' on a Prayer
Don't Stop Believing
Sweet Child of Mine
Sweet Home Alabama

Then when the music starts playing, I try to count what proportion of people will stop whatever conversation they're having to sing along to the song. It's always ~60%.

depredate said...

I recall tailing your fairy ass to korea town karaoke in b-more while you repeatedly failed to close that redheaded girl frosh year of school. I don't think you want me talking about what you was singing coz.

Anonymous said...

Still looking for a human rogue?

Anonymous said...

heh i was listening to that deathcab and then noticed it was whole playlist............i will listen.

Anonymous said...

Crap blog. Oh and if you are dancing in a club period, the joke is on you. Dancing is a way of signalling evolutionary failure to others. Get a life.

Illexiyel said...

Innnnnnnnnnnterrrnet RIPPPPPPPPPAGGGGE

BLOGANNIHI9LIATIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

IRLLIFEDESTRRRRROYYYYYYDDDDD

Kawklee said...

Come to Miami and see benny Benassi with me Radi?

zatknis said...

pro blog post

Mente said...

watch flekz 4

nAsE said...

Flekz is a terrible mage. Watching him switching bars for icelance and his pisspoor reactiontime, nice editing, but he's not even near good... He's playing in one of the worst BGs in germany though...Judging by his guildchat, he's not older than 17 anyway...

Mente said...

whoa, nobody said he was amazing...

I Just loved the editing and I know raddy is pro editer.

Chuck said...

Raddy and I are actually writing a book. There are many pictures.

Kolenzo said...

Flekz editing was amazing, the playing itself was a little disappointing though.

Anonymous said...

crank dat raddy boi lol