Saturday, January 19, 2008

Remixes

PvP Video remixes. Best clips from the best videos. Fancier editing. Hotter beats. Please.

I apologize for the utter lack of content these past two weeks and while I still have no real content to provide, I shall offer some slight recompense with two things:
  1. An excuse.
  2. A brief gay WoW update.
In finance, your year end bonus is everything. This is true particularly in Private Equity, Hedge Funds, and the various Trading jobs. Your bonus is often many multiples of your base salary. You plan for it. Not only that but you buy shit you probably shouldn't because you have expectations that your bonus will cover it anyways.

Face time. You haunt the office at stupid early and late hours hoping partners or directors will spot you. Wow, he's a hard worker.

In college, it's the same as when you have that class which has like 20% of its grade come from some sort of class participation bullshit. So you skip the class like normal the first 3/4 of the term and then show up for the last 1/4 fully geeked out asking suckup questions nonstop like one of those total cocksucker melvins you shittalk the rest of the term.

It's because you know that while your grade (or bonus) should be reflective of the past events, people always, at least to some small degree, include (price in) some expectations of the future.

Well that's my excuse. Pretty vague and gay but that's how I roll.

** Dear Diary WoW Nonsense **

I actually started frapsing some footage for a new video last night. Just a few duels and like an hour or two of messing around in AB. I'm not sure if it's really worth doing too much with 2.4 on the horizon (though I said the same thing about 2.3.3), but I'm not totally slacking!!

Arena would probably just be 2s because, really, who wants to watch another RMP 3s video? Check it out, I like counterspell a flash heal, and then blink out of nova and so fucking own their mage with fireblast and freeze-lance spam. No offense to anyone, but it's not exactly my style.

I'd honestly love to really keep the length short too. A lot of incredible videos over the past few months have really been hurt imo because they just begin to drag at the 20 minute mark. I think 12-18 is the sweet spot, but unless you speed up the action and edit heavily, it's very hard to include much in videos of that length.

Don't hold me to this, but I'm loosely thinking that the arena and duel footage will be from 2.4 (unless it's way far off) and the BG footage will span the last few months. Should be similar in feel to the trailer. I'm hoping that a lot of people will come out to 2.4 PTR if I beg and whine. ^^

So don't give up on me. =p

Yes, I'm playing 33/28 these days. Duh.

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool can't wait for the vid

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the video.

Do you use Afflicted yet btw?
http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info8063-Afflicted.html

klassicklol said...

I want PTR duels on my gnome this time.

barrelroll/dwarfgimli said...

zomg ptr party

Raddy said...

@ anon #2:

I use Afflicted now yeah -- I use MagicTrack just for the Interrupt functionality.

I switched to AG instead of Nurfed -- there's probably a few SS floating around of my UI. I really liked Frst's UI in his vid from about 2 months back so it's very similar.

Icicles said...

33/28 with Rogue vs. Druid/Lock what would raddy do?

Anonymous said...

Trinket mage -_-

Wizardspike said...

I'm playing the same spec as you are right now (i have meditation instead of mana shield) and i have to say, it's the most fun spec i've played in a while..especially in AB. I'm actually doing battlegrounds FOR FUN...that's just odd!

Although i'm considering going for http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=o0xy0ofdbIzbZVgRzf0cR
this variation and try to time my pompyros and missles better with clearcasting and focus (focused missles are just awesome). Also i find myself using fireblast very often, i'm considering getting 3/3 fireblast too.

Looking forward to the vid.

igoryasha said...

aww i play 33/28 too, arms fury

oh wait...

Icicles said...

as ap, nothing beats warsong zerker hut patrol

Pil said...

Your website is no longer viewable at JPM. Long gone are the days you can view a good radi post while waiting on that MD to zip his pants up and leave. Here's keeping the fingers crossed that bonus season doesn't suck.

Daemonz said...

more night out after poker plz thx ^_^

Bregor said...

Raddy I'll duel you for your video if you want :P

Get ahold of me sometime on tich or aim or something :]

Raddy said...

bregor - druid/lock vs apmage/rogue on ptr kk?

Raddy said...

Oh, and I think 3/3 imp fireblast could potentially be stronger for 2s. I'm just too cheap to respec it.

alexial said...

Where dem rockit bootz @?

Bregor said...

I don't really ever do 2s, but I'm sure I could find a druid if you want lol

Anonymous said...

Have you seen GC's new video? It's way hot.

Anonymous said...

don't think 2.4 will be for a while since patch notes aren't out yet

Anonymous said...

Duel video please. And this time not against bads with terrible specs.

Want to see duels against:

Shadowstep rogue (pref with illidan blades)
Full PvP gear resto druid
Full PvP gear disc priest
Resto Shaman who knows how to utilize totems correctly
MM or BM hunter
SL/SL warlock

Optional duels I want to see:

Very good Gnome warrior who knows how to run mages oom.
Felguard Warlock

Anonymous said...

other duels I want to see:

Raddy vs. some douchebag in omaha hi/lo

Anonymous said...

ap fire instead of dragons breath ? terrrrrible decision

A Mage In Need said...

Raddy, I have an important question for you.

I'm not much of an arena-mage. I consider myself good at playing the game at everything, everything from frostbolt to mounting to drinking is keybound, and I have a pretty good reaction time in most cases.

But there are some things that I can't learn by putting Vurtne's videos looped on my Winamp playlist. Arena just seems to kick my ass, I'm at 1750 on my 3v3 playing Warrior/Mage/Priest (not a strong matrix but it's the best we've got due to lack of a good rogue). I know part of it is due to ham-handed partners but it feels like I could improve as well.

Today I read Jasi's interview with Caps Lock Crew and they mentioned that most mages bring out their first water elemental immediately at the start of a fight, which is all wrong and such, but unfortunately it's what I'm currently doing. What's your opinion on this, and when should I bring it out?

Haables said...

You should have a sick set against some amazing gnome mage

Anonymous said...

yep, affix

icicles said...

@mage in need

bring it out when there's an opportunity to kill someone, i.e. when you get the healer stuck in a sheep with your cs up and ready and your war is pounding away.

WE = your burst, but you're not gonna burst someone from 100 to 0 right when the game starts.

Nyte said...

Yo Raddy, you persian?

Anonymous said...

3/3 arcane impact is pretty clutch, are you just too much against spamming instants or do you really think magic absorption is that beneficial?

(2s specifically)

Dahis said...

I can probably find a Gnome War for PTR duels (sometime) if you want, though my duels against Chad in my vid were right when SR came off global and in no way similar to how I duel Mages now.

Sourpuss said...

Hey Raddy what do yall do vs SL/SL lock and holy pally. I seem to run myself oom when i'm tryin to spellsteal it. We can beat any pally/melee team but i cant seem to steal sac if my life depends on it. Any tips?

Anonymous said...

dahis was here

Raddy said...

Yeah whatever you want to do dahis. Would be fun to get some good duels or 2s on 2.4 ptr.

Anonymous said...

Raddy, what do you think of the supposedly leaked 2.4 patchnotes?

http://boards.worldofraids.com/topic-10369-1.html

Raddy said...

I wrote up a long post about the fake notes last night but firefox crashed and I emo'd out and went to sleep. Sorry LOL.

Artanias said...

The amount of awesome blog footage lost in general to browser crashes is huge =\

Kirby said...

RADDY HEATH LEDGER DIED OMG WILL YOU KEEP PLAYING WOW?

Anonymous said...

he kept playing after jessica alba got pregnant, so...yes.

Anonymous said...

Im seriously goin crazy :-/
Something bad might happen, no post in like 1 month (the last three doesnt count, sry)

Dahis said...

Or we can just duel IRL in Vegas if you actually make it.

Anonymous said...

"Or we can just duel IRL in Vegas if you actually make it."

Fight Club Vegas?