Thursday, May 31, 2007

New World of Wing Coming?

I'm actually pretty excited to see what comes of Ming's site over the next few weeks. He's really been talking the changes up the past few weeks, and I'm anxious to see who he lines up to write for his new site and what sort of format it will end up being.

I'm flattered that my name be included, but I'm not really sure I'm appropriate for the task. I think I'd feel guilty taking money from readers (indirectly through ads even, which is why I recommend you use an RSS reader!) since I really use this space to just sound out ideas, not put out finished product. I hate giving up on this blog as it has been a fun way of covering all sorts of topics; I love that I can come back to writing dueling guides whenever I want, and can talk about a million other class issues in between -- I'd just feel guilty being that negligent if I was part of some sort of PvP Blog team. ^^

I'd certainly like to preach to a larger choir someday, and maybe that will or won't happen via a small blog like this; I think it's cool to make a difference in a game as big as WoW.

On totally non-related notes:
I KNOW!!!
  • I'm definitely doing some arena videos this season; I promised to do them last season, but was afraid it would interfere with my playing. Well screw my teammates, I'm going to be frapsing. I don't plan on recording until Season 2 starts getting serious, so it's probably at least 6 weeks away.
  • I'll be at Blizzcon with a few "friends" so expect lots of spy photos of SC2 and fat, pale girls dressed as Night Elves. (If I'm really lucky, maybe get you some HOT dwarf pics too^^)
  • I promise to not derail into so much non-WoW stuff often!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rad,

I say, go with the Ming offer. You will get a much larger reader base (and thats what you deserve) and you will earn something aside!!

PS: You know what? I've been reading your blog a while now, and after a while I decided to DISABLE my adblocker for your site, so i could click and give you some money for the awesome content you are providing..But suprise surprise, no ads!


Gogogo. worldofradikal, worldofmage!!! <3

EATSLEEPREPEAT.NET said...

Keep this site running in some form, whether you head over to join Ming or not. Being able to compare my own strats with yours has been a good thing, and I'm looking forward to catching you on the next PTR or so too :>

Nimble said...

You would feel...guilty..taking money from readers through ads? You have to be crazy to be talking like that. Advertisements are a good thing and sites should use them to get the money they deserve from having traffic.

You think of it as taking money from the readers, but I'm welling to bet quite a few readers view it as their way of giving back to you for what you give to them. I know I would personally rather have ads on a site such as this than not have them.

B.R. Brainerd said...

Hey, what kind of utility do I need to read that .rep file you linked at battlereports?

David said...

Dunno, the ming situation makes me a bit nervous.

He's 'signed' with a startup company that has a fancy office.

First, most startups fail. Even in a well established market they fail.

US progaming is NOT an established market.

On top of that this company has fancy offices. They should wait until revenue justifies this expense. Until then they should work out of - at best - some nondescript shithole in the suburbs.

Ming will be fine. When the startup he's hitched his post to craters - and statistically this is the majority outcome - he can go back to whatever he started with. Unless, of course, he has cravenly sold out his name or - more likely - signed a noncompete that DQ's himself from covering wow progaming. Which would pretty much be par for the course as far as these kinds of deals go.

Hitching with ming will certainly get you what you deserve - a big audience. Just make sure you don't sign away your rights like he has most likely been forced to do.