Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TR

Still owns. I haven't really been using arena targetting (I do on my priest but only for dispelz), so I'm trying to figure out what the best way to intelligently bind shit like swap fear/poly/df/cyclone and can't really decide between 3 binds per spell or just some mouse scroll-ish way of manually selecting before using a single bind. I'm leaning towards the first but it involves being super macro dependent especially if you want the binds to be general enough for duels, 2s, and 3s. (And maybe someday 5s/BGs who knows)

I know a ton of nerds using shift+ASD for targeting but I find that a bit awkward because you can't really move and change targets, which is sort of fine because with the exception of DF, you need to stop anyway for the cast.  I do kind of wonder how such targeting could even be as fast as gladius frame clicking, but I guess you need to practice NOMODZ style if you want to be baller.

FUCK WHY DID I GO BACK TO WASD LIKE A NOOB ITS SO BAD

PS Kach get on US TR and carry me

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGGGGGG its a first have my babies plxxxxxx xoxo

Kolenzo said...

I am a baddie, I just click gladius and alternate focus alot, but I'm not sure arena targeting is strictly necessary. I'm already starved for keybinds, and I can't help but think I would fail horribly at keeping track of which target was 1, 2 and 3.

Raddy said...

Playing lock right now and trying out shift+ASD for arentar+fear.

Joseph said...

fuck wasd use an n52

thumb for movement, BAM every other finger now free to use 14 easily reachable buttons. need more? use mouse4 to switch to another 14, and mouse5 to switch to another 14, and rebind the five others it has on it to other things. 47 keybindings is really enough nerds.

Aþiða said...

That sure sounds fancy Joseph...

Roxton said...

What's wrong with mouseover? Or is that not cool anymore?

Anonymous said...

Raddy what music sites do you troll?

Anonymous said...

sup alpha friend

Anonymous said...

Raddy, are you gonna build a mage cataclysm tree?

Raddy said...

I was going to wait to see the first pass, but I'm still brainstorming what sort of stuff I'd like to see. Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

http://war-tools.com/t68769.html

this seems like a great idea-pool

Raddy said...

There's a few cool things in there, and a few talents that are shockingly similar to changes I had dreamed up. I'll post up a semi-bad one today and then rethink.

Ryan said...

Post it!

Raddy said...

First passss

http://www.war-tools.com/t68831.html

Anonymous said...

Why don't you introduce something like spell combo's. For example "when you fireblast a frozen target you gain an instant fireball".

Or are such idea's unattainable?

Anonymous said...

Like your vision of Arcane but I think your Fire tree is pretty boring

Anonymous said...

You guys still running that Shadowplay with a druid on TR? You farmed us for a lot the other night. =(

Raddy said...

Nah we haven't gotten any games since the reset because Kryo is MIA -- must be fake radikal

Mayday said...

I didn't know you still played.

Anonymous said...

is your mage on TR Thesnowstorm?

Cigma said...

I use alt-1, alt-2, alt-3 for targeting. Honestly it makes a huge difference for dotting on my warlock (changing target every 3 globals), but not that big of a difference on my mage (swap spam fb).

Maybe try alt-a, alt-s, alt-d for polyarena1, polyarena2, polyarena3? I enjoy very much. Easier than shift imo, but that's just me.

shift said...

Rad has been not even playing mage on TR. He was running RLD and SP/UA/D though I did see him on gearing a mage named Radikal last night.

Rad, how high were you guys during practice? Shou is pissed you ditched us.

Anonymous said...

kaysigh

Raddy said...

@Cigma - Yeah I might try that, but I find alt+ binds a little weird

@ various anons - sshhhh

@shift - Doesn't shou not trust me to play priest anyways? I think mid 2300s but practice phases is LOL and I only played about half the games. (All the losses basically)

Cigma said...

LESS TR MORE NOIR

MOIR NOIR